October 9, 2020
Platitudes get a bad rap, often seen as being of little substance. But I think some of these ostensibly trite statements contain time-tested knowledge that is currently under-appreciated in our world, judging by how many people actually seem to live by them. Here are some of my favourite.
- Two wrongs don’t make a right.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- What goes around comes around.
- The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
- Rome wasn’t built in a day.
- Things could be worse.
- You’ll get over it.
- You still have your health (unless you don’t).
Of course, none of these platitudes are always strictly true, but it’s probably still a good idea to live by them in most aspects of your life.